Ulrich Hommel is Full Professor of Finance in the Department of Finance & Accounting at EBS Business School. He heads the Chair of Corporate Finance & Higher Education Finance. Ulrich Hommel holds a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and a Dr. habil in Business Administration from the WHU, Germany.
• »Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection in the Venture Capital Industry in the U.S. and Europe«, in: Journal of Small Business Management, forthcoming (Ulrich Hommel with C. Bellavitis, D. S. Kamuriwo).
• »Mitigating Agency Risk Between Investors and Ventures’ Managers«, in: Journal of General Management, Vol. 43, No. 1, 2017, pp. 33-43 (Ulrich Hommel with C. Bellavitis, D. S. Kamuriwo).
• »Testing Weighting Approaches for Forecasting in a Group Wisdom Support System Environment« in: Journal of Business Research, Vol. 69, No. 10, 2016, pp. 4081-4094 (Ulrich Hommel with H. A. v. d. Gracht, T. Prokesch, H. Wohlenberg).
• »Determinants of Liquidity (Re-)Allocation and the Decision to Cross- List or Cross-Delist«, in: International Journal of Finance & Economics, Vol. 21, No. 4, 2016, pp. 447-471 (Ulrich Hommel with R. Füss, J.-C. Plagge).
• »The State of Risk Management in Business Schools«, in: Journal of Management Development, Vol. 35, No. 5, 2016, pp. 606-622 (Ulrich Hommel with W. Li, A. Pastwa).
• »Venture Capital Contracting in Theory and Practice: Implications for Entrepreneurship Research«, in: Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Vol. 40, No. 1, 2016, pp. 25-48 (Ulrich Hommel with C. Billitteri, J. Burchardt, D. S. Kamuriwo).
Areas of Research
- Risk Management
- Financing of Privately Held Companies (Family Business Financing Venture Capital & Private Equity)
- Higher Education Financing and Restructuring