Since 2016 Prof. Dr Emanuel V. Towfigh is the chairholder in Public Law, Empirical Legal Research and Law & Economics at EBS Law School and is Professor for Law & Economics at the Department for Management & Economics at EBS Business School. He was Dean of the EBS Law School from 2018 until 2020.
Towfigh studied Law and Economics in Münster and in Nanjing. After his graduation, he obtained a doctoral degree (Dr iur.) in 2005 at the University of Münster, with a thesis on the “The legal constitution of religious communities – A study by the example of the Bahais“. Following his legal clerkship from 2005 to 2007, he was admitted to the bar. In 2007 he became a Senior Research Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods in Bonn. While working for Max Planck, he did research and taught at two American top-10 Law Schools: 2011/12 he spent a year as Global Fellow and Hauser Research Scholar at New York University, and in 2012/13 he served as a Visiting Professor of Law at the University of Virginia.
In 2014, Towfigh completed his formal qualification as a professor in law (Habilitation) at the University of Münster with the book “The Paradox of the Parties. A Contribution to Defining the Relationship Between Democracy and Political Parties“; he was awarded the venia legendi in Public Law and Legal Theory. In 2014/15 he served as a Visiting Professor at the universities of Göttingen and Muenster, as well as at Humboldt University Berlin.
- Chair in Public Law, Empirical Legal Research and Law & Economics
- BRYTER Center for Digitalization & Law
- Öffentliches Recht II - Verwaltungsrecht und Übung für Fortgeschrittene
- Schwerpunktbereich 4: Recht der Digitalisierung (Einführungsmodul)
- Schwerpunktbereich 4: Recht der Digitalisierung (Spezialisierungsmodul)
- Schwerpunktbereich 4: Seminar mit wissenschaftlicher Hausarbeit und Verteidigung
- Verwaltungsrecht und Übung für Fortgeschrittene im Öffentlichen Recht