Aligned for Competence, Excellence, Network
EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht is one of the leading private business schools in Germany, located both in Wiesbaden and Oestrich-Winkel.
Currently, in the course of their business and law studies, around 2,000 EBS students are gaining considerable benefit from a network of international partner universities, companies and alumni.
The EBS Universität is renowned for excellent research results together with a strong focus on practical use. EBS further education courses are tailor-made for the industry’s aspiring management professionals. In July 2016, the EBS Universität became part of the non-profit foundation SRH, in doing so emphasising its social commitment. Our common purpose is to strengthen EBS as an excellent educational institution and to continue its development, building on a foundation of independent research and teaching.
EBS Universität at a glance
The top address for tomorrow’s managers and lawyers
- Oldest private business school in Germany, located in Wiesbaden and Oestrich-Winkel, in the Rheingau region
- The three faculties (EBS Business School, EBS Law School and EBS Executive School) have 44 core faculty staff members (senior and junior professors, lecturers and postdoctoral fellows) as well as approximately 30 adjunct and honorary professors from all over the world
- Inspiring law faculty, with a truly convincing and unique teaching concept: 3 academic degrees in less than 5 years
- Around 2,000 students (Bachelors, first state examination in law, Masters, MBA and Part-time Masters), doctoral candidates and exchange students
- Studium universale and coaching for all students
- Eleven business languages are taught by more than 30 native speakers
- More than 230 partner universities on all continents
- Over 200 corporate partners, many of which are DAX companies and law firms
- More than 10,000 alumni, 3,800 of these organised in the EBS Alumni Network, in over 30 countries
Mission and vision
Learn more about our strategic positioning and our values that make studying and working at EBS Universität so unique!
- 1971 Foundation of the European Business School, Germany’s oldest private university for business studies
- 1987 First further education courses for managerial professionals
- 1989 State accreditation as an academic institution with university status
- 2004 As a first academic institution in Germany, the complete changeover to bachelor and master study courses
- 2007 Begin of the first master degree programmes
- 2010 Foundation of the second faculty EBS Law School
- 2011 Award of university status and designation EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht // Begin of the first-degree programme at EBS Law School
- 2014 First-time ranking in the worldwide Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking: 2014 on No. 14, 2015 on No. 11
- 2016 EBS Universität becomes part of the SRH Foundation, a non-profit education and healthcare enterprise based in Heidelberg
- 2017 For the second year in a row, the two best students of the First Juridical Examination come from EBS Law School. The grade rate among all previous graduates is an above-average 67 per cent// EBS Law School receives FIBAA premium seal
- 2018 Foundation of the third faculty EBS Executive School
- 2019 Dr Dorothée Hofer becomes Managing Director