Initiative Endowed Professorships
Invest in innovation and science with an endowed professorship at EBS Universität.
In order to compete in the international competitive environment, universities depend on strong partners and the highest practical competence. We want to strengthen Germany as a location for innovation and conduct even more targeted research on the issues decision-makers in politics and law face every day. Endowed professorships make an important contribution to this. In 2019, EBS Universität, together with our sponsor SRH and our alumni, will launch the initiative Ten Endowed Professorships for EBS. All planned professorships will address important issues of the future in business and law. In this form, they are unique in Europe and offer great opportunities to donors, whether companies, private sponsors, foundations or associations:
- Faster transfer of knowledge between theory and practice
- Strengthening your own competence profile
- Prestige and image enhancement
- Competitive advantages through innovations
- Contact to young scientists and talents
In other words: it creates a win-win situation for you as a sponsor, for us as a university, for the fields of science, for the students and, of course, for the economy as a whole.
Targeting future issues in business and law
As a donor, you will have great opportunities to participate in the training of the academic decision-makers of tomorrow. You can promote research in a self-chosen field in a targeted manner and act as an important link between practice, professors, students and doctoral candidates - an indispensable contribution to Germany as a business and science location.
More than 2,300 students and doctoral candidates are currently studying and doing research at three faculties: EBS Business School, EBS Law School and EBS Executive School. The aim of EBS Universität and its more than 300 employees is to educate students to become responsible decision-makers and to support them in their individual personal development. Since its foundation in 1971, EBS Business School has regularly been among the leaders in all relevant rankings. EBS Law School has demonstrated its quality with an outstanding 67 % grade in its most recent examinations. With the founding of the EBS Executive School in 2019, the focus will also be on continuing education for executives. The concept of EBS Universität is internationally oriented. Every fourth student comes from abroad. Our large network of partner universities, alumni and numerous companies shapes the cosmopolitan, entrepreneurial spirit of the university. Not surprisingly, graduates of EBS Universität are among the most sought-after young professionals in the world.
The advantages of an EBS Endowed Professorship
- As an advocate of the EBS committees, participate in the decision-making process
- Get to know our EBS students and graduates personally
- Carry out field studies with EBS Consulting
- As part of the EBS Research Days, act as initiator for our research
- Define contract research
- Further educate your own employees as part of a certificate programme
- Your employees have access to MBA or EMBA study programmes if they meet the admission requirements
Your investment will double
In 2019, you will have the unique opportunity to use your endowed professorship to release funds for a second professorship at EBS Universität. Together with our alumni, SRH (Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts und Mehrheitseigentümerin dieser Universität) has committed itself to endow an additional professorship for every future-relevant professorship that comes externally. Up to five additional professorships can be funded in this way - your commitment will not only pay off in the long term, but also doubles!
Possible research topics
- Insight Mobility Management
- Real Estate Management
- Entrepreneurship Innovation in Family Owned Companies
- Management and Organization: Lean and Agile Management Methods
- Product & Service Marketing and Digital Models
- Management, Innovation and Digitalization of Professional Service Firms
- Information Systems & Digitalization
- Technology & Innovation Management
- Corporate Governance
- Digital Transformation of Law
Your options for engagement
You can sponsor senior or junior professors at EBS Universität. For a targeted period of five years, you can either support your commitment alone or as one of five sponsors within the framework of a Kurotorium partnership. The funding amounts vary accordingly.
Approach us - we look forward finding a suitable solution with you in a personal conversation!