Foundation Year @ EBS Universität
For applicants who do not qualify for a direct entry into a German university, EBS Universität offers an English-taught Foundation Year programme.
The one-year programme prepares prospective students for our Bachelor in Business Studies Programme at our university.
The Foundation Year consists of:
- English preparation courses in Mathematics, Economics, Academic English and German
- The English version of the German Feststellungsprüfung - the official assessment test that qualifies you for an entry into the English-taught management undergraduate programmes at EBS Universität
Spring term 2021
- Application deadline: The application deadline for international students requiring a visa has already passed, but we can still accept applications on request.
- Duration: One-year programme // January - December
- Semester dates
· Start Introduction Week: 27 January 2021
· Start Lectures: 1 February 2021
· First semester: February - May
· Second semester: August - December
· Examination: December
· Final results: Beginning of January
Fall term 2021
- Application deadline: 15 May 2021
- Duration: One-year programme // August - July
- Semester dates
· Start Introduction Week: 23 August 2021
· Start Lectures: 31 August 2020 · First semester: August - December
· Second semester: January - May
· Examination: June
· Final results: Beginning of July
- Please submit your application for the desired Bachelor in Business Studies programme. For students who do not need a visa, a later entry might be possible.
- Location: Cologne, Germany
The Foundation Year is conducted by a partner institution
- Investment: 11,000 euro
Foundation Year and Bachelor in Business Studies programme
Apply for the desired Bachelor in Business Studies programme via our Online Application System
Our admission team will review your application and let you know whether you meet the requirements of the German higher education entrance qualification
If you do not meet the education requirements, we might be able to offer you the chance to study at EBS Universität with the help of the Foundation Year
Every applicant gets an individual appointment for his personal application procedure. This means: We look forward to receiving your application at any time!
If you pass the assessment tests, we will offer you a study contract in combination with the contract for the Foundation Year
Sign the contract and send it back to us
Receive the admission letter and apply for your German student visa
Book your flights and accommodation
Start your future in Germany!
When will I start my Bachelor in Business Studies programme?
After you have successfully passed the official assessment test / Feststellungsprüfung of the Foundation Year programme in January, respectively July, you will start with the Bachelor in Business Studies programme in March, respectively August. You can use the remaining time to find accommodation in Oestrich-Winkel. Our EBS Housing Office will support you to find an apartment.