As part of the in-depth phase in Hamburg, students spend the third semester learning and working in Hamburg - a hotspot of the German real estate industry. This semester is extremely practice-relevant, interdisciplinary, holistic and state-of-the-art. The in-depth phase in Hamburg was initiated and is supported by the Real Estate and Leadership (REaL) Foundation and their corporate partners.
Harshita Anindya Werneke
Student Recruitment Manager
The in-depth phase in the third semester of the Master in Real Estate at EBS Universität in Hamburg offers students a unique opportunity to engage intensively with the real estate industry. Furthermore, it offers many advantages:
- Practical and interdisciplinary education: The in-depth phase in Hamburg enables students to acquire the necessary fundamental knowledge in close cooperation with practice partners from the real estate industry. The special thing: They not only get to know the disciplines, but also understand the different interests and perspectives of the various stakeholders. This interdisciplinary education enables students to understand solutions proposed by experts and apply them to the stakeholders and shareholders involved.
- Practical orientation and insights into the industry: An outstanding advantage of the in-depth phase in Hamburg is that students work on day-to-day, real-life projects in the offices of the REaL Foundation. This gives them a unique insight into the industry and allows them to learn directly from the key players. This hands-on approach allows students to directly apply their knowledge and gain experience.
- Powerful support from corporate partners: The in-depth phase in Hamburg is supported by strong corporate partners who provide students with valuable networking opportunities. Networking events allow students to make contacts with established professionals in the real estate industry. In addition, students are supported in their search for internships and can thus gain practical experience in leading companies. The opportunity to write the final thesis at one of these partner companies provides an excellent opportunity to combine research and practice.
- Leadership Training: In addition to pure subject knowledge, a special focus of the in-depth phase in Hamburg is the topic of leadership. Students have the opportunity to receive leadership training from experienced mentors. This means that in addition to the technical content, they also develop the ability to lead teams, solve problems and make strategic decisions. This leadership training is crucial for their professional development and enables them to stand out in the industry.
Overall, the in-depth phase in Hamburg as part of the Master in Real Estate at EBS Universität offers a unique mix of practical experience, interdisciplinary education and leadership training. The in-depth phase offers students optimal conditions to assert themselves in the real estate industry and to develop into successful specialists and managers.
Participants have the opportunity to take part in the so-called "REaL Practice Partnership Programme" - a highly qualified internship programme that brings together Master in Real Estate students with members of the REal Foundation in the form of a cross-disciplinary student work placement.
- Assmann Beraten + Planen
- agn Projektmanagement (pm.a)
- Dress & Sommer
- Völkel Company
- Union Investment
- DC Developments
- Europa Center
- Sutor Stiftung
The non-profit Real Estate and Leadership Foundation e.V. was founded in February 2015. The association has set itself the task of promoting science, research and education on interdisciplinary, cross-interface and leadership topics in the real estate industry. It is also committed to strengthening Hamburg as a centre of science and business.
With the help of the funding provided, the necessary administrative and official processes for the introduction of the degree programme could be significantly supported. The REaL Foundation's commitment also enables students to reduce their tuition fees. With its interdisciplinary, practice- and research-oriented approach, the degree programme is unique in the German educational landscape.
The REaL Foundation and its members form a hinge between science and practice. It creates opportunities for professional exchange and supports teaching to provide practice-oriented training. At the same time, it opens up opportunities to research topics that will shape the real estate industry in the future.