Our contact person for the construction measures Britta Deitenbach will be happy to help you.
An investment in the heart of EBS University
New construction, refurbishment and renovation measures on the campus Schloss in the Rheingau region.
The renovation, redevelopment and new construction measures on the Schloss Campus pursue the vision of a green, car-free campus where we invite our students, employees and guests to dwell.
Campus Schloss Construction and renovation measures
One thing we would like to say in advance: The location will change fundamentally! New buildings are being constructed that will create more space for teaching and continuing education. A redesign of the park with grapevines and seating areas will continue to bring the Rheingau flair to the campus, and the Schloss and outbuildings will also be restructured and modernized in their entirety. Completion of the entire construction project is scheduled for 2025.
The existing buildings of the Schloss (bottom right), Walther-Leisler-Kiep Center (center left) and the annex with tower (top right) have been supplemented by the Forum (in the inner courtyard of the Schloss) since the end of 2021. In January 2022, the second construction phase began with the renovation of the annex building. A multifunctional building, including a canteen, will be constructed, the Learning Center in the Walther-Leisler-Kiep Center will be remodeled, and the Schloss will be renovated. The entire construction work is scheduled for completion at the end of 2025.
- Beginning of November 2019: Opening of the historic wall along Rheingau Street to create a new pedestrian access point
- Beginning of November to end of December 2019: Creation of a retention area for flood protection south and west of the main building
- November to December 2019: Base renovation in the courtyard of the palace
- Beginning of December 2019: Installation of the new transformer incl. routing of the line
- From January 2020: garden and landscaping to the west of the main building
- January 6 - 14, 2020: demolition work on the base slab in the courtyard of the castle building
- February 3, 2020: Partial renovation of the interior and reopening of the canteen after modernization.
- From March 2, 2020: start of construction of the Forum in the inner courtyard
- May 6, 2020: excavation of the building pit in the inner courtyard of Schloss
- May 11, 2020: Pouring of the base plate
- June 2, 2020: Placement of the first walls of the Forum
- June 25, 2020: The shell of the building is now visible due to the already-placed exterior walls
- October 6, 2020: Completion of the wooden construction, placing of the external staircase and closing of the ceiling
- From mid-November 2020: roofers start covering the roof
- From January 2021: Interior finishing work on the Forum
- May 2021: New planting of vines as well as garden maintenance of the outdoor facilities
- June 2021: Start of work in front of the canteen, where a lawn parterre with benches is built
- July 2021: installation of bridges from the roof terrace of the Forum to the castle
Renovation of the annex building and construction of the multifunctional building
- January 2022: Start of demolition work on annex building
- Since mid-2022: Renovation of the annex building
- November 2022: Planned start of construction of the multifunctional building with new canteen
- Mid 2023: planned start of the renovation of the south wing of the Schloss and modification of the Learning Center in the Walther-Leisler-Kiep Center
- End of 2024: planned completion of the multifunctional building
- End of 2025: planned completion of the entire construction measures