Mrdjan Mladjan, PhD
Senior lecturer for financial economics
- Corporate Finance
- Financial History
- Macro Finance
- Finance and Society
- Economics and Society
- Economic History
Mrdjan Mladjan received his PhD in Economics, Finance, and Management from the Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona. During his PhD studies he was a visiting scholar at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. He holds a BSc in Economics degree from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and was a master student of quantitative finance at the University of Belgrade.
Mrdjan’s research and teaching focuses on corporate finance and firm valuation, the real effects of economic and financial crises, as well as various interactions between the economic and financial system and the society as a whole.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2021). Generational Responsibility in Consumption as a Response to Global Economic Crises. Sustainability, 13 (6), pp. 3329.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2019). Diagrams of Power and Strategic Decision Making: the Case of Strategic Alliances in the Automotive Industry. Management: Journal of Sustainable Business and Management Solutions in Emerging Economies, 24 (3), 21-32. doi:10.7595/management.fon.2019.0015.
- MLADJAN, M., RAKITA, B., MARKOVIC, D. (2019). Focusing of New Multinational Companies on the Global ‘Value-for-Money’ Segment and the Resulting Opportunities for Serbian Companies. Marketing, 50 (4), 247-258. doi:10.5937/markt1904247R.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2017). The Importance of Knowledge for Wellbeing of Society in the Contemporary World. Philosophy and Society, 28 (4), 1136-1159. doi:10.2298/FID1704136M.
- VISUDHIPHAN, P., ILIC, M., MLADJAN, M. (2002). On the Complexity of Market Power Assessment in the Electricity Spot Markets. IEEE, 1, pp. 440 - 446. New York.
- MLADJAN, M., NIKOLOVA, E., PONOMARENKO, O. (2022). Religion and Institutions. 41st EBES Conference - Berlin..
- MLADJAN, M. (2019). The Ways in Which Bank Suspensions Affected Output during the Great Depression. Institute of Economic Sciences - 11th International conference: ECONOMETRIC MODELING IN ECONOMICS AND FINANCE.
- MLADJAN, M. (2019). Treatment of the Banking Holiday of March 1933 in Growth Regressions (SSRN wp 3428519).
- MLADJAN, M. (2012). Accelerating into the Abyss: Financial Dependence and the Great Depression. SSRN Electronic Journal.
- MLADJAN, M., NIKOLOVA, E., PONOMARENKO, O. (2022). Religion and Institutions. In Zimmermann K.F. (Ed.), Handbook of Labor, Human Resources and Population Economics. Springer.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2022). Uticaj COVID-19 krize na poslovnu praksu – koncept generacijski odgovorne potrošnje (The Impact of COVID-19 Crisis on Business Practices – The Concept of Generational Responsibility in Consumption). In Hasan Hanic, Saša Veljkovic (Eds.), Izazovi i perspektive marketinga (Challenges and Perspective of Marketing) (pp. 93-101). Belgrade: Serbian Marketing Association.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2020). Entrepreneurship as an Instrument for Achieving Material and Immaterial Welfare of Communities in the Contemporary World. In ThDr. Vladimír Kocvár, PhD (Eds.), Pravoslavie a súcasnost (pp. 77-90). Prešov: Prešovská univerzita.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D., RAKITA, B. (2019). The Importance of Contemporary Flows of Knowledge for the National Competitiveness and the Wellbeing of Society in the Republic of Serbia and the Republic of Srpska. In Rajko Kuzmanovic, Dragoljub Mirjanic, and Drago Brankovic (Eds.), Strategies of Development and Economic Cooperation of Small Countries in the Conditions of Globalization and Regional Integration (pp. 601-620). Academy of Sciences and Arts of the Republic of Srpska.
- MLADJAN, M., FATIC, A. (2018). Economics and Morality: How to Reconcile Economic Thinking with Broader Social Thinking? (1 ed.). In Isidora Ljumovic and Andrea Elteto (Ed.), Sustainable Growth and Development in Small Open Economies (pp. 199-217). Budapest: Institute of World Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- MLADJAN, M. (2018). Economic Justice and Economic Efficiency in Post-Conflict Societies in Transition (1 ed.). In Aleksandar Fatic, Klaus Bachmann and Igor Lyubashenko (Eds.), Transitional Justice in Troubled Societies (pp. 123-142). London: Rowman and Littlefield International.
- MLADJAN, M., MARKOVIC, D. (2016). Problem neuspeha tržišta u Srbiji prilikom tranzicije na tržišnu privredu (The Problem of Market Failure in Serbia during the Transition to Market Economy – in Serbian). In Jelena Minovic, Duško Bodroža, Ivan Stošic, and Božo Draškovic (Eds.), Pravci strukturnih promena u procesu pristupanja Evropskoj Uniji (Directions of Structural Change in the Process of Accession to European Union - in Serbian) (pp. 130-147). Institute of Economic Sciences - Belgrade.