European Business Summer
Successful Leadership in Europe
MBA BASIC: 6 - 17 Mai 2019 2-week programme on EBS Campus Rheingau in Oestrich-Winkel Achievable credits: 7 ECTS (upon successfully passing the exam)
MBA PLUS: 21 - 24 Mai 2019 1-week optional programme on Campus SRH Higher Education, Berlin Achievable credits: 3 ECTS (upon successfully passing the exam)
The PLUS week may not be booked separately as an independent unit, only in combination with the BASIC part.
- Requirements for the application: MBA students with work experience
- Highlights: 2 - 3 company visits and organised leisure activities
- Language: English
Lectures and case studies
This innovative three week intensive programme is divided into three main areas:
- The European system
- European industries
- European uniqueness in the world
Thanks to the unique network of business partners at EBS Universität, we offer company visits during this session:
- at the European Central Bank, the Central Bank of the Federal Republic of Germany or the Stock Exchange in Frankfurt
- at AUDI car manufacturer in Neckarsulm
- a session with the director of business operations of a large wine estate, combined with a pleasant wine tasting
Various events are organised during your three-week stay. They include:
- A welcome cocktail in the original wine cellar of EBS Campus Schloss castle to mingle with your fellow participants
- Sightseeing in different parts of Germany, connected to the company visit
- A tour at a venerable old abbey, followed by the farewell BBQ on the last day of the programme
- Extracurricular activities
In addition, the programme allows enough free time for leisure time and the chance to explore Germany and neighbouring countries on your own.
- Please register in our online application system
- If you are already studying at one of our partner universities, please contact your academic advisor for a nomination to European Business Summer
- Important: please upload your resume and a copy of your transcript and ensure that all parts of the application form marked with an * are filled out
Should you have any doubts while trying to finalise the application process, you may interrupt at any time and resume later. Please feel free to contact the programme manager Ursula Haque for any questions you should have.
Visa Requirements and Registration
The visa application is completely in your hands and it has to be taken care of in your country of residence. It should be done as soon as possible. The 2-3-week long summer school is not considered a study trip or semester abroad and you may enter Germany simply as a tourist, as long as you don’t extend your stay over 3 months. In case a student should need a visa for Germany, EBS will assist with providing a) the acceptance letter and b) a proof of accommodation. If the embassy requires these documents in the original form, then the EBS will charge a fee of 50 Euro for courier costs.
Costs and Payment
Students coming from universities partnered with the EBS do not pay tuition fees, if the partnership includes an exchange agreement. However, students may be required to pay tuition fees to their home universities. Please consult your study abroad advisor for details.
Students of Non-Partner Universities are assessed the tuition fee of €4000 plus the applicable service fee.
All students, however, are responsible for a service fee. The sooner you register, the less you pay.
- Early Bird, €400 - applications received by February 25, 2019
- Regular, €500 - applications received by March 25, 2019 - extended to April 12!!!
After April 12 the Berlin option is not bookable anymore
- Last minute, €600 - applications received by April 22, 2019
The service fee includes:
- Lectures including course material and supplies
- Corporate visits and presentations
- Transportation to organized events & entrance fees
- Certificate for credit transfer
- Organized social activities (including welcome cocktail & farewell BBQ)
- assistance in finding affordable accommodation in the area
- Private travel
- Local travel to and from university
- Meals and drinks (except welcome cocktail and farewell BBQ) (lunch menus at the campus cafeteria cost €5,00) there are several grocery stores in the area, as well a plenty of restaurants and to-go places
- Visa processing fee €50,00: issuance of necessary documents for visa applications and shipment via courier
Please note that the Service Fee is due and non-refundable as soon as you have been officially accepted into the programme.