European Business Summer
Bachelor and Master Session
Doing Business in Europe
11 - 28 June 2019
- Programme duration: 3 weeks
- Location: EBS Campus Rheingau, Oestrich-Winkel
- Requirements for the application:
· Bachelor students: at least in the fourth semester of a Bachelor programme
· Master students: any semester of a Master programme
- Achievable ECTS: 10 credits (if successfully passing the exams)
- Highlights: 2 - 3 company visits and organised leisure activities
- Language: English
Lectures and case studies
This innovative three week intensive programme is divided into three main areas:
- The European system
- European industries
- European uniqueness in the world
Thanks to the unique network of business partners at EBS Universität, we offer company visits during this session:
- at the European Parliament and the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, France
- at a car manufacturer (either Opel or Audi)
Various events are organised during your three-week stay. They include:
- A welcome cocktail in the original wine cellar of EBS Campus Schloss castle to mingle with your fellow participants
- Sightseeing in different parts of Germany, connected to the company visit
- A tour at a venerable old abbey, followed by the farewell BBQ on the last day of the programme
- Extracurricular activities
In addition, the programme allows enough free time for leisure time and the chance to explore Germany and neighbouring countries on your own.
- Please register in our online application system
- If you are already studying at one of our partner universities, please contact your academic advisor for a nomination to EBS Business Summer
- Important: please upload your resume and a copy of your transcript and ensure that all parts of the application form marked with an * are filled out
Should you have any doubts while trying to finalise the application process, you may interrupt at any time and resume later. Please feel free to contact the programme manager Ursula Haque for any questions you should have.
Visa Requirements and Registration
The visa application is completely in your hands and it has to be taken care of in your country of residence. It should be done as soon as possible. The 3-week long summer school is not considered a study trip or semester abroad and you may enter Germany simply as a tourist, as long as you don’t extend your stay over 3 months. As we will be visiting Strasbourg in France please make sure that you apply for a Schengen visa to be able to travel within Europe. In case a student should need a visa for Germany, EBS will assist with providing a) the acceptance letter and b) a proof of accommodation. If the embassy requires these documents in the original form, then the EBS will charge a fee of 50 Euro for courier costs.
Costs and Payment
Students coming from universities partnered with the EBS do not pay tuition fees. These fees are assessed by the home institution. All students, however, are responsible for a service fee. The sooner you register, the less you pay.
Students coming from non-partner institutions are assessed tuition fees of €3,000 plus the applicable service fee.
- Early bird, €400 if application received until April 1, 2019
- Regular, €500 if application received May 17, 2019 - EXTENDED DEADLINE!
- Last minute, €600 if application received until May 27, 2019
Service fee includes:
- All lectures including course material &supplies
- Corporate visits and presentations
- Transportation to organized events & entrance fees
- An optional beginner’s German “Survival Crash Course” (5 hours)
- Certificate for credit transfer
- Organized social activities (including welcome/farewell dinner and a wine tasting)
- Individual support from programme management
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Welcome backpack (with writing pad, pen, city maps, emergency phone numbers, schedule of local events, shop opening times, etc)
- Free access to campus library
- Private travel
- Local travel to and from university
- Meals and drinks (except welcome cocktail and farewell BBQ) (lunch menus at the campus cafeteria cost €5,00) there are several grocery stores in the area, as well a plenty of restaurants and to-go places
- Visa processing fee €50,00: issuance of necessary documents for visa applications and shipment via courier
- transportation pass within Oestrich-Winkel €40/3 weeks or between Oestrich-Winkel and Wiesbaden €120/3 weeks
- Shuttle from and to the airport is offered at €15 per trip (contribution towards costs) and provides door to door service (only for the BSc & MSc session!!!)
*Please note that the Service fee is due and non-refundable, once a participant is officially accepted into the programme.