To access our databases from off-campus please login to the eLibrary via myebs. This service is available for all EBS students and the EBS staff.
- Electronic Journals Library (EJL)
online source for freely available journals and EBS subscriptions.
- DOAJ - Directory of Open Access Journals
online directory that indexes and provides access to quality open access, peer-reviewed journals
- Springer E-Books
The package comprises 2 collections (term 2005-ff):
- German collection "Wirtschaftswissenschaften"
- English collection "Business & Economics"
- WISO.NET e-books
offers access for more than 2.200 primarily German-language e-books from different publishers. Subjects: Marketing, Controlling, Organization, Human Resources, Economics, Business psychology, Law, Sociology
- EBSCO Business Source Complete
Business Source Complete is the world's definitive scholarly business database. In terms of premium content, nearly 2,000 peer-reviewed sources and 1,840 business related journals, Business Source Complete offers comprehensive full-text coverage plus indexing and abstracts for the most important scholarly business journals, dating back as far as 1886. Company View provides detailed company information for more than 1.1 million of the world's largest public and private companies.
BSC includes further contents e. g.:
- Detailed author profiles for over 40,650 of the most-cited authors in the database
- Nearly 920 books/monographs
- More than 1,150,000 company profiles (Company View)
- More than 1,440 country economic reports
- 7,648 industry reports
- as well as case studies, working papers, videos, SWOT analyses and more
- EBSCO EconLit
This database contains more than 1,3 million records with citations and abstracts dating back to 1886 and almost 600 full text journals, inclusive the Journal of Economic Literature (JEL) of the American Economic Association.
EconLit uses the JEL classification system and controlled vocabulary of keywords to index six types of records: journal articles, books, collective volume articles, dissertations, working papers and full-text book reviews from the Journal of Economic Literature.
Econlit comprises subjects as economics, national economics, economic geography, economic history, economic theory and finance.
- EBSCO SocIndex with Full Text
This database is the world's most comprehensive and highest-quality sociology research database.
In addition to nearly 900 full-text titles, SocINDEX with Full Text also contains informative abstracts for more than 1,500 "core" coverage journals dating as far back as 1895. Furthermore this file provides data mined from more than 420 "priority" coverage journals as well as from over 2,900 "selective" coverage journals. Complete with extensive indexing for books/monographs, conference papers, and other non-periodical content sources the database also includes searchable cited references are provided.
- Elsevier - ScienceDirect
is a leading full-text scientific database offering journal articles and book chapters from nearly 2,500 journals and 26,000 books. The Business School Edition provides a critical mass of over 239 prestigious and highly cited journals, as well as key reference works and handbooks, including renowned titles such as:
- The Handbooks in Economics Series
- Accounting Organizations and Society
- Journal of Accounting and Economics
- Journal of Banking and Finance
- Journal of Financial Economics
- Long Range Planning
- World Development
- Emerald Management eJournals
Emerald is a global publisher linking research and practice to the benefit of society. The company manages a portfolio of almost 100.000 articles from more than 290 journals and over 2,300 books and book series volumes. All research papers are subject to a rigorous peer-review process so that content is of the highest quality. The collections continue to disseminate the latest thinking from authors at all of the Financial Times Top 100 business schools in fields such as Library Studies, Health and Social Care, Education and Engineering.
is a full text database that contains currently more than 2.000 back-issues of core scholarly journals in the humanities, social sciences, and sciences, many of which date from the 1800s. JSTOR does not include current issues of journals, the most recently published issue of any current journal will not appear in JSTOR until 1-5 years after the publishing date.We have enabled your access to the following JSTOR Collections: Business I, II, III.
You can now access JSTOR content by going directly to JSTOR and selecting Search or Browse from the menu bar.
offers the most comprehensive German literature in economics. The cooperation with significant publishing companies and scientific institutes allows a unique portfolio in high-class contents. GBI WISO-Net allows users full text access to approximately 5,6 Mio. from about 400 journals, bibliographies, about 117 Mio. articles from the daily presses and weekly press business informations.
- CEPR Discussion Papers
Research by CEPR Research Fellows and Affiliates appears initially in the CEPR Discussion Paper series. These Discussion Papers are circulated widely to other specialists in the research and policy community so that the results of the research receive prompt and thorough professional scrutiny. The Centre produces about 600 Discussion Papers each year.
EconBiz is a search portal for economics to support research and teaching of economics with a central entry point for all kinds of subject-specific information and direct access to full texts. EconBiz offers:
- a search engine including important German and international databases for economics and business studies
- access to full texts on the Internet,
- the reference service EconDesk which supports you in your search for information in economics and business studies.
Lebensmittelzeitung is the German's leading professional publication for the consumer sector. LZ.net delivers topical news about trade and industry. Please ask our Library staff for access to the database: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NBER working papers
The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), a non-profit research institution based in Cambridge / Massachusetts, is the leading economic research organization in the USA. More than 1,000 professors of economics and business - frequently the leading scholars in their fields - are NBER researchers. The NBER Working Papers is one of the most relevant international discussion papers series, and makes the results of NBER research available to a wider public before they appear in referred journals
Main focus areas: Behavioral Economics, Corporate Finance, Entrepreneurship, Financial Risks, Health Economics, Industrial Organization, International Finance & Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics and Personnel Economics.
- The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics
The online Dictionary is a dynamic resource for economists which:
- contains full text of more than 2000 articles from over 1500 specialists all over the world
- incorporates quarterly additions and updates
- hyperlinked cross-references within articles, making it an indispensable tool for researchers and students
- features carefully selected and maintained links to related sites, sources of further information and bibliographical citations
- enables users to bookmark searches and articles, along with their own notes, in My Dictionary, or add links to articles on social bookmarking sites
- full text of the 1987 Archive edition
- Nexis (formerly LexisNexis)
Nexis offers a Web-based service featuring publications spanning news, legal, financial and business content. Available Content:
- News: access the full-text of international newspapers, wire services, trade journals in English and non-English languages. (e.g.: The New York Times, Der Spiegel, Die Zeit etc. )
- Business Content : search business and financial news, international company financial information from government or private sources, and industry reports (e.g. Hoover's Company Reports, Mergers and Acquisitions Reports, BMI Reports for industries )
- Country reports: from BBC Monitoring, Global Insight, and more.
- Legal: access international (USA, UK, Commonwealth) primary source material, such as case law, statutes and regulations.
- NWB Steuer- und Wirtschaftsrecht
comprises 15 journals, 206 books and references on national and international tax and business law which are included in the following licences:
NWB Steuer- und Wirtschaftsrecht
NWB Erben und Vermögen
NWB Internationales Steuer- und Wirtschaftsrecht
NWB Unternehmenssteuern und Bilanzen
- OECD Economic Surveys
OECD's periodic reviews of member and non-member economies. Member country reviews are generally done on an 18 month cycle,while non-member reviews are done as agreed with the subject country. A minimum of 18 surveys are done each year. Each issue provides a comprehensive analysis of developments in the subject country, along with individual chapters covering key economic challenges being faced and recommendations for dealing with the challenges
- Passport GMID (Euromonitor International)
The global marketing information database generated by Euromonitor International offers extensive data services for studies of countries and market:
- Country Data
- Consumer Lifestyles - consumption data (country reports)
- Forecasts - estimated volume and size of markets including demographic and economic data
- Brands and Companies (including corporate profiles for large companies)
- Information Sources - information on market and economic sources of information
- Major Market Profiles and Analysis- profiles for key markets: USA, UK, France and Germany
- Future Demographics - detailed data and analysis on demographic developments worldwide
Statista.com is the first statistics portal in the world to integrate data on over 60,000 topics from over 18,000 sources onto a single professional platform. Categorized into 20 market sector, Statista.com provides business customers, research institutions and the academic community.
- Thomson Reuters Datastream (Single workstation at Business School Library)
Datastream Professional addresses that need by integrating economic research and strategy with asset analysis in one integrated application to seamlessly bring together top down with bottom up.
A huge range of global financial data, Thomson Reuters custom information and intuitive charting come together to improve your workflow and generate greater revenue by helping you find those profitable insights from a deluge of data.
- Thomson Reuters Eikon (Single workstation at Business School Library)
Thomson Reuters Eikon covers all the major financial markets - equity, fixed income, commodities, foreign exchange - and provides effective compliance and risk management, investment management and wealth management solutions. The content and analytics package includes pricing data, financial research, global financial news and commentary, financial estimates, fundamentals analysis, and visual analysis through charting.
The Hoppenstedt Firmendatenbank offers exclusive and daily renewed address information and company data from 300 major companies at Germany with 1 million contact persons of the top- and middle management.
Fachmodule: Handels- u. Gesellschaftsrecht plus, Zivilrecht plus, Gewerblicher Rechtsschutz plus, Steuerrecht plus, Bamberger/ Roth plus
Zeitschriftenmodule: Arbeitsrechtliche Praxis plus, Betriebsberater, Neue Zeitschrift Strafrecht plus, Neue Zeitschrift Verwaltungsrecht plus, Neue Zeitschrift Arbeitsrecht plus, Neue Zeitschrift Insolvenz u. Sanierung
- Kluwer Arbitration
Kluwer Arbitration ist eine der führenden weltweiten Ressourcen im Bereich Internationale Schiedsgerichtsbarkeit. Sie enthält Zeitschriften, Monographien, Kommentare, Rechtsquellen und eine Entscheidungsdatenbank, in welcher unter anderem über 200 ICC Awards enthalten sind.
Die Datenbank wurde in Zusammenarbeit mit dem International Council for Commercial Arbitration ICCA und dem Institute for Transnational Arbitration ITA entwickelt. Diese Institutionen liefern auch laufend neue Inhalte, die dann in die Datenbank einfließen.
- Westlaw International
Westlaw International is Thomson's powerful online research service, providing legal professionals with trusted legal, news and business information from around the world. Whether you need laws from another country or international information for your practice area, this is your resource for fast, efficient research.
Westlaw International combines essential, authoritative information resources with the technical innovation of Westlaw - the leading online legal information service in the United States. By combining materials from renowned content providers such as Sweet & Maxwell, Thomson West, ELLIS Publications, Lawbook Co and Carswell, Westlaw International offers you a unique collection of trustworthy legal and regulatory information. The access is possible within the EBS IP-ranges
Umfangreiche Sammlung juristischer Materialien der Vereinigten Staaten von Amerika, Großbritanniens und des Commonwealth:
- Mehr als über 1000 relevante anglo-amerikanische Rechtszeitschriften ab Erscheinungsbeginn.
- Alle US-amerikanischen Verträge und Abkommen.
- Alle veröffentlichten U.S. Supreme Court Entscheidungen.
- Federal Register 1936 bis heute.
- Rechtswissenschaftliche Monographien - "Klassiker" - von der Antike bis zur Gegenwart.
- Dokumente zum Staatsrecht von über 190 Nationen
Alle Texte sind recherchierbar und im zitierfähigen Format dargestellt (image-based).
- Jurion / Recht
ist ein juristischer Online-Service und umfasst derzeit folgende Inhalte:
- Fachzeitschriften, z. B. Deutsches Verwaltungsblatt
- Kommentare, z. B. Leipziger Kommentar zum StGB; Löwe-Rosenberg: StPO und GVG,
- Handbücher und Fachlexika,
- Rechtsnormen zum EU-Recht, Bundesrecht und den Landesrechten,
- komplette Sammlung allgemeinverbindlicher Tarifverträge,
- Formularbücher und Arbeitshilfen (z.B. ca. 100 Arbeitshilfen zum Verwaltungsrecht: Formulare, Checklisten, Prüfungsübersichten und Mustertexte)
- über 250.000 Urteile aller Gerichtsbarkeiten und Instanzen, überwiegend im Volltext und tagesaktuelle Neuigkeiten aus Gesetzgebung, Rechtsprechung und Fachpresse
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP)
Der Zeitschrifteninhaltsdienst bietet die Möglichkeit, die aktuellen Neuerscheinungen im US-amerikanischen Schrifttum thematisch sortiert zu sichten und sich einen raschen Überblick über das aktuelle Schrifttum zu verschaffen.
Bitte wenden Sie sich für die Zugangsdaten an die Bibliotheksmitarbeiter: email@example.com.
is one of the most comprehensive legal online services specialized on Economic Law and Tax Law of the Federal Republic of Germany.
You will find all important information: latest wording of the law, most recent court decisions and administrative directives as well as authoritative commentaries, handbooks and law journals.
Volltext-Zugang zu 200 Kernzeitschriften der deutschen Forschung und Wissenschaft aus 19 Fachgebieten