- Double Degree: Master in Business Administration (MBA) from Durham University, UK and EBS Universität
- Focus: Management
- Start: Fall Term
- Study duration: 18 months
- Achievable ECTS: 60 credits
- Investment: 40,000 Euro
- Language: English
If you are driven and motivated, this programme is designed for you. It will take your learning to a higher level. You can continue to work and at the same time expand your managerial and leadership capabilities.
The 18 month programme is divivded across three terms and nine
basic modules, three elective modules, and a final strategic business project. Please note:
- You start your Strategic Business Project right away and continue with it throughout your studies. The culmination of your new skills will be incorporated during the third semester in the final project.
- In the second semester a week-long additional, international elective is offered.
- The third and final semester starts with one week at Durham University Business School with the Boardroom Exercise module where you experience an intensive management simulation.
Residential Introduction Week
The first residential week encourages students to familiarise themselves with their colleagues, the programme, Durham City, and the Business School. A high proportion of time is dedicated to team building, including indoor and outdoor skill development activities, based in the Lake District National Park.
The first nine months of your EMBA will be made up of nine core modules predominantly delivered at the EBS “Schloss” campus, with two delivered in Durham during the residential weeks. Modules are taught once a month and last three days from Thursday to Saturday.
You will be required to choose three modules from the options available, these have been designed to provide you with choice and flexibility to meet your personal and professional requirements. Electives are delivered at either EBS or Durham, with an additional opportunity to study in an international location.
Second Residential Week
The second residential week focuses on the Boardroom Exercise, which takes place over the full week and is a real-life simulation of a boardroom exercise. A highly interactive, team-based course focusing on the knowledge and insights gained during the first year of study.
Strategic Business Project
To develop your research and practical skills, you will complete a Strategic Business Project which will complement the knowledge and skills that you have gained throughout the programme. Supported by an academic supervisor you will engage in an extensive project to be trained in qualitative and quantitative methods of research. You will analyse and evaluate a strategic issue within your company and challenge and explore
concepts and apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired in the classroom.
Supporting you is very important to us
Durham University and EBS Universität offer not only excellent teaching and an intensive learning environment but also comprehensive services. We want you to attain the best results in your studies so that you can continue to develop professionally in future years.
The programme directors of both universities will be in regular contact with you during your studies and are available for any questions you may have regarding the programme. Lecturers and members of the entire programme team ensure that you receive the support you need in your everyday student life.
We will also support you in…
- your career planning and gaining practical experience with the Career Services Center
The online platform of Durham University offers you additional opportunities to support your career development
- your goals and decisions with individual Coaching
- your apartment search with our Housing service
- the development of your foreign language proficiency, with the EBS Language Center
- your academic work with the offer of EBS libraries and
- efficient studying with our IT Services
The Executive MBA programme of EBS Universität in cooperation with Durham University Business School is accredited by AMBA.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) – was established in 1967 and is the globally most important institution specialized in the accreditation of MBAs. AMBA is the only professional membership association connecting MBA students, graduates, accredited Business Schools and MBA employers in more than 80 countries.
Durham University is also accredited by AACSB and EQUIS.