Best-Paper-Award “Innovation Management” 2017
Honoring Excellence in Research at the venerable Sektkellerei Henkell
Since 2006, the Best-Paper-Award „Innovation Management“ annually honors outstanding scientific papers on Innovation, Transformation and Technology Management. Focusing on both cutting-edge research and high practical relevance, awarded papers provide state-of-the-art insights for academics and practitioners equally.
The award is endowed with prize money totaling € 3.000.
Patron of the 2017 award is Florian Rentsch, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the “Verband der Sparda-Banken e.V.” Special guest at our award ceremony will be Dr. Carsten Linz, Business Development Officer and Global Head of Center for Digital Leadership at SAP SE.
Papers submitted must have been accepted in a scientific journal after July 1st, 2016, and must not have been submitted to past Best-Paper-Awards. Submissions are assessed by the jury with regards to scientific excellence and practical relevance. The authors of the three most outstanding papers are invited to present their work on November 23rd, 2016 at the at the Sektkellerei Henkell, Wiesbaden. Evaluating both presentation and discussion, the jury will nominate the winner.
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2017
- Stéphane Bonutto (Oerlikon)
- Dr. Andreas Brokemper (Henkell & Co. Sektkellerei KG)
- Jan Brückmann (Emirates)
- Dr. Mike Dietrich (Oerlikon)
- Prof. Dr. Ronald Gleich (EBS Business School, Oestrich-Winkel)
- Volker Greiner (Emirates)
- Prof. Dr. Christian Landau (EBS Business School, Oestrich-Winkel)
- Marc Launer (Jeppesen)
- Prof. Dr. Christof Schimank (Horváth & Partners)
- Prof. Dr. Andreas Wald (School of Business and Law, University of Agder)
- Innovativeness of the research
- Market and adaptation potential for practitioners
The best three papers will be awarded with:
- 1st prize: € 1,500
- 2nd prize: € 1,000
- 3rd prize: € 500
How to Participate?
The application form is available here
Applications can be submitted via post or e-mail.
Past years’ winners
- 2016: Thorsten Grohsjean (Bocconi University, Italy) and his co-authors Paola Criscuolo (Imperial College London, UK), Linus Dahlander (ESMT European School of Management and Technology, Germany) and Ammon Salter (University of Bath, UK): „Evaluating novelty: The role of panels in the selection of R&D projects”, Academy of Management Journal
- 2015: Paolo Aversa (Cass Business School) and his co-authors Alessandro Marino (LUISS University Rome), Luiz Mesquita (Arizona State University), & Jay Anand (Ohio State University): „Driving performance via exploration in changing environments: Evidence from Formula One racing“, Organization Science
- 2014: Marion Poetz (Copenhagen Business School), Nikolaus Franke (WU Vienna) & Martin Schreier (WU Vienna): “Integrating Problem Solvers from Analogous Markets in New Product Ideation”, Management Science
- 2013: Gautam Ahuja, Curba Morris Lampert & Elena Novelli (University of Michigan, Florida International University, City University London): “The second face of appropriability: Generative appropriability and its determinants”, Academy of Management Review
- 2012: Vijay Govindarajan & Ravi Ramamurti (Dartmouth College, Northeastern University): “Reverse innovation, emerging markets, and global strategy”, Global Strategy Journal