Global Banking & Finance
Prof. Dr. Michael Weller
This module introduces students to the economic backgrounds of capital markets as a source of finance for business (and governments). It provides insights into the legal and economic environment of the respective issue, presents the basics of banking and capital market law, and discusses the key changes in the regulatory environment following the last decade’s financial crises.
The main objective is to familiarize students with the basic terminology of Global Banking Law and to explain the reasons for and necessity of regulating banks and capital markets.
Courses within this programme module:
- Economic Introduction to Global Banking: World Economy - Prof. Dr. Jan-Christoph Rülke
- Banking Law in the European Union - Dr. Jasmin Kölbl-Vogt
- M&A Finance - Prof. Dr. Michael Weller
- Capital Markets Law - Rudolf Haas, LL.M. (Virginia)
- Seminar: International Securities Trading - Klaus Martin Löber - Prof. Dr. iur. Ulrich Segna