English Support Course: Semester
- 1 September - 15 July 2023
EBS Campus Rheingau - Schloss
Regular tuition enables students to improve their language skills quickly and effectively. This course runs as weekly classes during the semester. It will provide regular instruction and targeted language support with a special focus on academic and business English.
- Intensive grammar practice
- Building academic and business vocabulary
- Gaining confidence in speaking English
- Participating in class discussions and debates
- Giving oral presentations
- Writing clear and accurate English
- Using an appropriate academic style
- Ability to read longer academic texts
- Planning, organizing and writing academic essays
- Following academic lectures and engaging in seminar discussions
- Preparing and delivering academic presentations
TOEFL iBT test preparation
Since submitting a TOEFL score is an admission requirement, participants will also receive intensive TOEFL iBT test preparation. A detailed breakdown of the structure and expectations of each listening, reading, writing and speaking test section is given, and focus is placed on effective test-taking strategies. This content will be taught at the beginning of the second (BSC)/third (LL.B.) semester to tie in with TOEFL test score submission deadlines for the compulsory semester abroad.
Registration deadline: 1 July 2021
Course fee: 1,421 Euro
IMPORTANT: The semester course is for BSc students in the first and LL.B. students in the second semester. LL.B. students may also participate in the pre-semester course: please indicate in the registration form in the field Your message your Law study programme.
If you wish to cancel your registration, please click here.