Management & Economics
Faculty at the Department of Management & Economics offer students a high quality programme with contemporary academic content. Our students learn how to generate knowledge themselves and become inspiring personalities. As part of the international academic community we conduct rigorous, methodical, and relevant research.
We publish in renowned journals and participate actively in international research. Through cooperation with companies and the use of case studies, field studies, and applied research we are able to offer a wide range of taught courses, which enhances the prospects of our graduates to meet the increasing demands on managers with a global mindset. In executive education we deliver open enrolment and corporate programmes, in which we draw together the expertise within our Department. True to our slogan ‘Embedding leadership and organization in strategy!’, we pay particular attention to the impact of executive education on our clients’ companies.
Furthermore, interfacing with the newly founded EBS Law School, we seek to promote interaction between business and law, ensuring on the one hand a solid grounding in law that meets the highest standards. On the other hand research and teaching at the University also benefit from the synergies between law and economics.
Professors at the Department - Professor of Organizational Behavior & Human Resources, Professor Marjo-Riitta Diehl, PhD - Professor of Strategic Management, Professor Dr. Ulrich Grimm - Professors of Economics, Professor Dr. Jenny Kragl & Professor Dr. Jan-Christoph Rülke - Professor of Strategic Management, Professor Dr. Christian Landau - Professor of Strategic and International Management, Professor Dr. Markus Kreutzer - Professor of Social Business, Professor Dr. Karin Kreutzer - Professor of Practical Philosophy, Professor Dr. Richard Raatzsch - Professor of Philosophy of Science, Professor Dr. Max Urchs
as well as further adjunct, honorary and visiting professors.
The Department Management & Economics is headed by Professor Marjo-Riitta Diehl. For questions regarding our research topics, study programmes or other offerings, please do not hesitate to contact Jutta Richardson at 0611 - 7102 1531.
- Frankfurt School - Capco Institute Financial Transformation Forum, June 12th, 2018:
Frankfurt School of Finance and Capco Institute are partnering to host a Financial Transformation Forum. This engaging event will provide with an opportunity to hear from leading industry experts and academics.
Prof. Dr. Myriam Bechtoldt, Professor of Leadership,
will take part as a panel discussant.
- We are looking forward to the research talk given by Prof. Eero Vaara, PhD
on May 16th. Topic: “Giulia Cappellaro, Amelia Compagni & Eero Vaara: VEILING AND UNVEILING OF MEMBERSHIP IN CLANDESTINE ORGANIZATIONS: STRATEGIC AMBIGUITY IN THE SICILIAN MAFIA” Time: 13:15 – 14:15 // Location: EBS Business School, Rheingaustrasse 1, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel // Room: Audi
Myriam Bechtoldt will visit and present a paper at the Academy of Management Specialized Conference: Big Data and Managing in the Digital Economy, Surrey, UK. in Surrey, UK on April 17th - 20th.
We are looking forward to the research talk given by Milena Nikolova, PhD
on April 11th. Topic: “Can Self-Employment Be Good for Your Health?” Time: 13:15 – 14:15 // Location: EBS Business School, Rheingaustrasse 1, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel // Room: H2
We are looking forward to Professor Kathleen Low joining our team on April 1st. Prof. Low will join our team as Assistant Professor of International Management.
- We are looking forward to the research talk given by Prof. Johanna Mair, PhD
on March 14th. Topic: “Innovation and Scaling for Impact – How effective Social Enterprises do it” Time: 13:15 – 14:15 // Location: EBS Business School, Rheingaustrasse 1, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel // Room: N5
We are looking forward to the research talk given by PD Dr. Meinard Kuhlmann
on February 28th. Topic: “Explaining and predicting financial market behaviour –
Two sides of the same coin?” Time: 13:15 – 14:15 // Location: EBS Business School, Rheingaustrasse 1, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel // Room: H2
We are looking forward to the research talk given by Prof. Benjamin Bental, PhD, on
February 7th. Topic: “ National Health-Care Systems: A Dynamic General Equilibrium Approach” Time: 13:15 – 14:15 // Location: EBS Business School, Rheingaustrasse 1, 65375 Oestrich-Winkel // Room: H2
- Professorship of Strategic Management
- Extracurricular Professorship of International Strategy
- Professorship of Strategic & International Management
- Professorship of Organizational Behavior & Human Resources
- Professorship of Organizational Behavior
- Honorary Professorship of Organizational Behaviour & Coaching
- Honorary Professorship of Social Business
- Honorary Professorship of Political Economy
- Honorary Professorship of International Business
- Honorary Professorship of Strategic Management
- Honorary Professorship of International Management, Eastern Europe
- Professorship of Leadership
- Professorship of Economics esp. Microeconomics
- Professorship of Economics esp. Macroeconomics
- Professorship of Law & Economics
- Extracurricular Professorship of Macroeconomics
- Extracurricular Professorship of Economics
- Honorary Professorship of Business & Law