Vision & Mission
We aim to consolidate and improve our position as a leading business school in Germany and be perceived as such within the European business school landscape. Leveraging our own strengths as well as the expertise of our colleagues from EBS Law School, we aim to achieve excellence in all we do. This excellence makes us a preferred school for students of business administration, and a sought-after co-operation partner in Europe for other academic institutions, firms, and public sector organisations.
We exist to be recognised by our key stakeholders for excellence in teaching and research in all areas of business administration. In our work, we strive for both academic rigour and practical relevance. As thought leaders, we aim to inspire future leaders: We develop and disseminate knowledge and provide the skills that enable the decision makers of today and tomorrow to exercise leadership in a globalised world in ways that are professional and responsible to their stakeholders and to society at large. Drawing on the roots of EBS Business School as a pioneer in private, internationally oriented business education in Germany since 1971, and on our strong network of contacts in industry, we see ourselves as academic entrepreneurs who seek and address new challenges relating to the multiple constituencies which we serve: Students and their future employers, the academic community, individual managers, public and private sector organisations, and other interest groups.
The values of EBS Business School are composed of five elements drawn from the mission and vision statements. PRIDE defines the School’s ethos:
- Performance: Striving for excellence in all we do and inspiring others to do the same.
- Responsibility: Realising that our actions affect others and accepting accountability for their consequences. Our work as teachers and researchers is based on ethical values that emphasise honesty, truthfulness and the concern for human beings and the natural environment in which we live.
- Impact: Engaging in work that leads to measurable change.
- Diversity: Serving many and diverse constituencies, both in our German home country and internationally. This includes students, the international research community, practising managers and decision makers in other roles and functions.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Setting examples for others to follow, by addressing new challenges and searching for innovation opportunities.