Research Areas & Projects
Our research approach
Our research is organized in Competence Centres (CC) in which we jointly work on current topics together with our partner companies. Currently we run the following CCs:
- CC Strategic IT Management (CC SITM)
- CC Information and Knowledge Management (CC IKM) and KM Benchmarking Forum
We are in the middle of the transformation from the industrial age to the information age. In the course of this transformation the importance of information technology (IT) and information systems (IS) within companies and public organisations rises enormously - IT and IS are becoming the indispensable and success-determining "digital nervous system" of modern economy.
Hence, the goal of our research is the theoretical foundation, analysis, development, description, repeated application, verification and continuous improvement of models and methodologies for the design and the efficient usage of IT and IS.
On this basis we pursue an integrated research approach with the following central characteristics:
- Focus on current topic clusters, in which we work on interrelated and complementary subjects with high relevance for both practice and science (integrative cluster research)
- Integrative consideration of the levels of strategy, processes and information systems within all subjects of research (holistic perspective)
- Intense exchange between scientists and practitioners through cooperation with partner companies, i.e. through joint projects, workshops, panels and studies (transfer between science and practice)
- Problem-adequate application of different research methods, especially constructive, qualitative-empirical and quantitative-empirical methods (methodology mix)
- Creation of results, which are at the same time relevant for both practitioners and scientists (dual target)
Within our quantitative-empirical research projects we are supported by our partner Unipark in questionnaire-based data collection.