Executive MBA Health Care Management
The Executive MBA Health Care Management focuses on strengthening the management competencies of providers, in particular specialists and managers in the healthcare sector, based on an academic approach. The programme equips participants with the knowledge and skills to meet the essential demands of a dynamic market addressing the following issues:
- Legal healthcare and social framework
- Healthcare market structure
- Providers and consumers
- Insurance and welfare systems
- Strategies and forms of cooperation
- Market potential and market development
- Leadership and communication
- Quality management and organisational development
- Management control
Scope of the Executive MBA Health Care Management
This programme offers a further qualification to executives, in particular from the medical and pharmacy sector, other natural sciences, and the legal profession, who in the normal course of professional practice need to draw on management functions. In daily business, the programme's participants are increasingly confronted with the necessity to apprehend and understand principal business issues and their interaction with each other not only within the organization, but also within the healthcare sector. They are executives who deal with complex management contexts, core management competencies and with issues from closely related specialist areas (economics, law, and health economics).
By providing participants with a sound grounding in business issues and a broader-based management competence, and by exploring in depth questions relating to international health economics, the programme aims to facilitate career re-orientation in a management function in the health sector.
Graduates from the programme are qualified managers in the medical, rehabilitation and care sector, in addition to the expertise gained in their first academic degree. They take over key positions as line managers at health providers (doctors, healthcare and administrative staff, medical technicians, psychotherapists, and pharmaceutical staff) or at local government authorities and professional associations.
The Executive MBA graduate assumes management responsibility
- in hospitals, care and rehabilitation facilities,
- at administrative authorities and the supporting organisations of regional authorities and health insurance organizations that are responsible for the health sector
- in facilities responsible for conceptual planning in the health sector.
Detailed information on the Executive MBA Health Care Management is available at www.ebs-hcmi.de.