Facts & Figures
Founded in summer 2010, EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht is one of the first business universities in Germany. Being able to benefit from the wide range of synergies between our Business and Law School clearly sets us apart from the competition. Through excellence in teaching, research and academic consulting services we are one of Germany's most innovative education providers, addressing contemporary issues facing today's businesses and organizations.
EBS Universität offers a broad spectrum of degree and continuing education programmes, including Bachelor of Science and Master's programmes (MSc, MA, MBA, EMBA) in the field of business and management. The legal studies programme, during the course of which students gain a Bachelor of Laws (LLB), leads to the qualification "First Examination in Law" (previously "First State Examination“). With the Master in Business (MA) law students have the additional opportunity to earn a third degree. EBS Universität also has the right to confer doctoral and postdoctoral degrees.
The prestigious EQUIS accreditation awarded by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) confirms the high academic quality and professional relevance of teaching and research activities at EBS Business School. The law programme offered by EBS Law School has been accredited by the international quality assurance agency FIBAA. And in 2012, EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht was granted accreditation by the German Council of Science and Humanities for the maximum period of ten years.
Besides excellence in teaching and research, EBS also stands out for its truly international dimension, social commitment and a strong network of corporate partners and alumni.
The non-profit Foundation for the Advancement of European Business School is the sole shareholder of EBS gGmbH and includes prominent representatives from industry, high-profile companies as well as EBS alumni.
Management of EBS gGmbH is conducted by the President of the University, Professor Rolf Wolff (CEO), Georg N. Garlichs (CFO, Chancellor), Olaf B. Güllich (COO) and the two Vice Presidents Professor Gerrick Frhr. v. Hoyningen-Huene (Dean of EBS Law School) and Professor Richard Raatzsch (Dean of EBS Business School).
|1971||Founding of European Business School in Offenbach|
|1987||Start of executive education activities
|1993||Granted right to confer doctoral degrees|
|1998||Granted right to confer post-doctoral (professorial) qualification|
|2000||First award of MBA dual degrees in cooperation with international partner universities|
|2004||First higher education institution in Germany to complete the transition to Bachelor's and Master's programmes|
|2007||Launch of the continuing Master's programmes|
|2008||Launch of the EMBA programme in cooperation with Durham Business School (UK)
Launch of the MBA programme
|2009||Establishment of the House of Logistics & Mobility (HOLM)|
|2010||Founding of EBS Law School
FIBAA accreditation of the Law degree programme
|2011||Granted status and designation as EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht
Start of the first academic year at EBS Law School
Right to confer doctoral degrees and post-doctoral (professorial) qualification extended to EBS Law School
|2012||EBS Business School receives prestigious international EQUIS accreditation
EBS Universität für Wirtschaft und Recht awarded accreditation by the German Council of Science and Humanities
|2%||State financial support in accordance with § 94 Hesse Higher Education Act|
|8%||Development finance for the University / Law School|
|5%||Other public funding|
EBS – the top address for tomorrow’s legal professionals and business managers
- One of the first private business universities in Germany with locations in Wiesbaden and Oestrich-Winkel in the Rheingau
- One of the largest business and management studies faculties in Germany with 33 senior and assistant professors and more than 30 adjunct professors and honorary professors from around the world in 6 Departments
- Innovative and inspiring law faculty with a unique teaching concept: 3 academic degrees in less than 5 years; 10 academic chairs and 9 senior professors teaching in the areas civil law, public law and criminal law
- 1,650 students (including 21 per cent international students on full-time programmes); in addition more than 150 doctoral candidates and approx. 220 exchange students
- Around 220 first-year students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science business studies programmes, and more than 210 in the Master of Science, MBA and part-time Master's programmes
- Each year around 100 new students on their way to the First Examination in Law
- Student-to-staff ratio: Business Studies 39:1, Law 26:1
- Studium Universale and Coaching open to all students
- 12 business languages
- More than 270 partner universities spread across all continents
- More than 200 corporate partners, including many DAX-listed companies and law firms
- Over 10,000 alumni in more than 30 countries, around 3,200 registered with the alumni association