The doctoral programme of EBS constitutes an important part of our range of programmes. Our objective is to provide doctoral students with an inspiring and challenging research environment. The programme complements the supervision by a professor with a structured programme of theoretical and methodical courses. Your supervisor will challenge your ideas and inspire your inquisitiveness furhter in a guided process of annual reviews.
The most important elements of the Programme in a nutshell:
- Mandatory courses conveying a theoretical and methodological background supplemented by specialized electives customized to the different fields of research.
- Annual proposal defences guaranteeing regular feedback and involvement of the candidate’s second supervisor in the research process.
- The opportunity to spend a research semester at one of our international partner universities.
- Obligatory presentation of a competitive paper at an international scientific conference.
- Presentations and discussions at the different Research Colloquium of the EBS.
Amongst the downloads at the bottom right of this page, you will find information on how to apply, a copy of our Rules and Regulations "Promotionsordnung" and other useful information.
If you would like to know more, please refer to the admission section, or the office of doctoral studies.
You can read more about the day-to-day life at EBS Business School in our General information about Life@ebs (Facilities, Libary, IT Services and much more)
The conduct of our community is regulated by our Ethical guidelines, which are an intrinsical part of the culture and mutual understanding in our research community. Take a moment, to appreciate and consider the values we'd like to share.
For members of our scientific community there is more information available at www.myebs.de (Services Portal - Doctoral Studies) and a networking platform for doctotral candidates "ebs-doc.net" (Groups)
Research Colloquia are organised by individual departments. A lists of the events are regularly published here. For further information please contact the organisers within the departments.