The famous management guru Peter F. Drucker claimed, that making money is not an essential target of a company, but finding a customer. The willingness of a customer paying for a product or a service, “converts economic resources into prosperity”. Therefore companies should meet two central functions: marketing and innovation.
Marketing takes therefore a key-position in companies and it focuses companies on the wishes and needs of customers and links those to central strength of the company. The target is a more specific understanding of wishes and needs of customers to reach a better matching than the competitors do. The result is a satisfied customer with a greater willingness to pay for a product.
The Marketing Department will push impulses to the marketing – both in research, education and executive education. We invite all prospects who are interested in innovative strategy, techniques, instruments and methods of active marketing design.
We act on a solid theoretical base with a practice oriented focus, to provide innovative solutions for challenges in the marketing industry of today and tomorrow.
We want to
- draw a clear picture of Marketing in our customers mind
- set the standard in Marketing
- break new ground
- profit of a big and varied team
- create surplus value by a dense network
We offer to all prospects – whether students, managers or other target groups – a wide spectrum of research, education and executive education. The department includes five senior professors, two junior professors, one adjunct professor and one honorary professor with more than 40 employees working on different topics in marketing.
The affiliated chairs and professors of the department cover a broad spectrum in the field of marketing, while prioritizing different aspects:
- Chair of Brand Mangement and Automotive Marketing, Head: Prof. Dr. Franz-Rudolf Esch
- Chair of Consumer Behavior and Marketing, Head: Prof. Dr. Tomas Falk
- Chair of Strategic Marketing, Head: Prof. Dr. Roland Mattmüller
- Chair of Health Care Management, Head: Dr. Ralph Tunder
- Adjunct Professorship for Technology Marketing & Pricing, Prof. Dr. Alexander Pohl
- Honorary Professorship for Health Care Systems & Health Care Law, Prof. Dr. Dr. Alexander Ehlers
- Honorary Porfessorship for Automotive Marketing, Prof. Dr. Kjell Gruner
Furthermore the Marketing Department is connected to four institutes:
- the Automotive Institute for Management deals with questions around the wide subject of mobility focused on customer service, brands, communication, (international) strategy and business models
- the Health Care Management Institute takes part of the Executive Education
- the Institute for Brand- and Communication research (IMK) occupies with current topics in Marketing and Communication
- the Market Management Institute is focused on the market oriented management in research, education and executive education
Feel free to contact us anytime, we are looking forward to hearing from you.