Hello again. This week I am going to tell you a little about my specialization Strategy and Organization. This specialization is really the reason that I came to this school. I had my first experiences dealing with strategy in my bachelor studies as my capstone class was based upon strategic management. I discovered that I really liked the topic and decided later to expand more into the subject by doing an internship in strategy consulting with Arthur D. Little. Out of all of the experience that I had before I have to say that I rank the time there as the best experience that I have had till then. So needless to say I was excited when I saw that the European Business School was offering a specialization in strategy and organization.
Now that I have begun the semester and have seen where the specialization is headed as far as course content is concerned I must say that I am not disappointed. The literature that we are working with is top of its class, and there is even a real live consulting project integrated into the course. The module is actually broken into four sections: a seminar paper, the field study, a strategy class, and an organization and governance class. The range of the classes is definitely going to make this specialization a challenging but rewarding program which I expect to take a lot from.
The professors of the classes are very knowledgeable about the subjects and are able to effectively utilize real world situations and content to convey the theoretical concepts and principles. They foster a class atmosphere that stimulates productive topic discussions and debates, which really contributes to the learning process. The thing I probably like the best about the class is the level of interactivity in addition to the discussion topics. I would definitely recommend the specialization and the teachers to prospective students especially if they are interested in the area of consulting. See you next week.
[...] in this post EBS UniversitÃ¤t - Blog discussing finance in job top us, proposes a new way to look at finance in job top us [...]...
Sorry, you must be logged in to comment. Please login or register to comment.
- Wochenrückblick: Die ewige Exposition
- Wochenrückblick: Was das Eis uns lehrt
- Chinesisch für Anfänger - Part 1
- Chinesisch für Anfänger - Part 2
- Wochenrückblick: Die Unkalkulierbarkeit des Lebens eines Juristen als Wettervorhersage
- Chinesisch für Anfänger - Part 3
- Chinesisch für Anfänger - Part 4
- Wochenrückblick: Einen Moment, bitte
- Langeweile? Fremdwort!
- Was machen wir eigentlich? Also inhaltlich und akademisch?
- A few thoughts on searching for a specific Internship
- Die lieben "Tauschies"
- Buch? Skript? Bib? Wikipedia?
- Der typische Tag eines EBSlers I - die brutale Variante :)
- Der ganz (un-)normale Wahnsinn
- Der typische Tag eines EBSlers II - die „gechillte“ Variante :)
- Citi Group Business Knigge Seminar
- Hey everyone!
- "Woohoo, I'm there!"
- My first exposure to: the Cradle to Cradle design concept
- Introducing myself …
- The Amazing “New Philanthropy”
- Monday, Jan. 10th
- Dance 4 life …
- Tuesday, Jan. 11th
- Wednesday, Jan. 12th
- Ms. Orzala Ahshraf Nemat – More than a Leader
- Thursday, Jan. 13th
- Friday, Jan. 14th
- Back to business ...
- Neues Semester, neues Glück
- Business as usual
- Der frühe Vogel fängt den ... äh, die gewünschte Auslandsuni :)
- Und das ist erst der Anfang...
- Life@EBS... oder eben gerade nicht?
- Die erste nächtliche Arbeitssitzung an der EBS
- Getting ready for the middle country
- My Thoughts on Ethics
- Studentenalltag in Oestrich-Winkel
- „Pourquoi avez-vous choisi le Françasis?“
- Erste Vorlesungen und Company Presentation
- Introduction: Der Neue
- Das EBS Symposium 2010
- Reges Treiben auf dem Campus
- Synergizing Networking and Time-management
- Die Angebot des Symposiums
- Final Countdown
- Ein optimaler Start
- Networking Barbeque
- Die Sonne scheint!
- König Fußball
- Der argentinische Vize-Präsident und ich ...
- Opportunity Costs
- Symposium - unser „Erstes“
- The Turkish Night
- Imposanter Morgen
- Souveräner Schlusspunkt
- Gedanken zum EBS-Symposium (aus „Quietschie“-Sicht)
- Ein glückliches Team
- Reflections on my Master’s Thesis
- Career Forum
- Alltag @ EBS?
- Starting in China
- Class Composition
- What is “Green” in 200 words?
- First impressions
- Karlsruhe Business Masters Challenge 2009: Part I
- In Focus: Incentives
- Internship Hunting
- Karlsruhe Business Masters Challenge 2009: Part II
- EBS Bachelor Blogger: Maike
- Supply Chain Management at EBS
- The Path of a Leader
- Funding Options
- Karlsruhe Business Masters Challenge 2009: Part III
- Why I Chose to Study Abroad in Spain
- Getting Organized
- My First Week in Spain
- Strategy and Organization