The study programmes offered by the Law School will set new standards in legal education. The main focus is on delivering excellent legal knowledge leading to the first examination in law (previously: 1st State Examination). The image of legal professionals has changed in recent years and in addition to legal skills a number of other competencies are becoming increasingly important:
- Business and management knowledge
- Media competence
- Information technology in legal services
- Mediation and negotiation techniques
- Personal development
Main focus areas
In addition to a broad base in legal content, the programme offers business law specializations in the following four core focus areas, of which students must choose one:
- Corporate and Restructuring Law
- Banking and Capital Market Law
- Employment and Services Law
- Public Commercial Law
The study programme offered by the Law School is characterized by an integrated curriculum. The programme's primary objective is to prepare students for above-average successful completion of the "first examination in law" (previously: 1st State Examination).
During their studies for the "first examination in law" students additionally gain the qualification Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), so that after just three years they have acquired their first professional qualification. The integrated law, business and management studies programme can also be supplemented by a Master in Business (MA).
The programme further aims to optimally prepare students for their future professional career. In addition to equipping students with specialist competence, we place great value on delivering methodological and personal skills by focusing on the following three components:
- Specialist expertise
- Methodological competence
- Personal skills
Against this background, the development of individuals who meet today's market requirements and tomorrow's challenges is an important part of the programme. Besides outstanding specialist and methodological skills, individual personal development is crucial to long-term and sustained professional success. Therefore, the EBS individual coaching programme that is available to all students throughout their studies and the Studium Universale play a central role in the curriculum to prepare students for their future professional responsibilities.
Our programme aims to produce competent business lawyers and lay the foundation for a demanding professional career focusing in particular on the following career opportunities:
- Lawyer at national and international law /commercial law firms
- Legal professional in national and international companies and associations
- Judge or public prosecutor for business-focused issues
- Judge in business-focused institutions (e.g. Ministry of Justice, Economics or Finance)
- Career in international organizations (e.g. European Union, United Nations, etc.)
- Career in national and international non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Career in politics
Through practical internships lasting a total of 12 weeks students have the opportunity to gain first insights into these career areas.