The Department of Strategy, Organization and Leadership at the EBS Business School comprises the following areas: Strategy, Organizational Theory & Behavior, Governance, HRM, Services Management, International Management, Political and Moral Philosophy, Philosophy of Science and Social Business.
We offer students a high quality programme with superior academic content. Students learn to co-produce knowledge while developing into "inspiring personalities" - an "experience" to last a lifetime. Within the international academic community we conduct rigorous, relevant research published in top-tier journals. We are actively involved in leading positions in the international academic community. Additionally, we offer a wide portfolio of courses through cooperation with firms, field studies, case studies and applied research.
Professorships, chairs and institutes:
- Professor Ulrich Grimm deals with the development of business strategies within a wider corporate context based on systemic thinking.
- Professor Dr. Richard Raatzsch focuses mainly on issues in Practical Philosophy such as Economic Ethics, Ethics of Governance, Political Philosophy and Philosophy of Law .
- Professor Ansgar Richter, PhD, and his team investigate the interface between Strategy, Organization and Governance.
- Professor Dr. Sascha L. Schmidt and his team investigate the interfaces between sports, business and society at the newly founded Institute for Sports, Business and Society.
- Professor Dr. Max Urchs meets the tailor-made needs of a private Business School by offering the programme of Cognitive Science, Logic, and Philosophy of Science. He is co-director of the Business Ethics Institute at EBS Business School.
- Professor Amit Karna, PhD, focuses his research and teaching in the area of Strategy and Services Management.
- The Danone Endowed Chair of Social Business, represented by Professor Dr. Karin Kreutzer and Professor Dr. Andreas Heinecke, aims to discover, preserve and disseminate knowledge in Social Business that is equally rigorous and relevant and thereby create positive impact for students, academics, executives and society.
- Professor Dr. Christian Landau has his research and teaching focus on Competitive Strategy.
- Professor Marjo-Riitta Diehl (Parzefall), PhD, strengthens the department's expertise in her specialist area of Organizational Behaviour and HRM.
- Professor Dr. Julia Wolf's research focuses on the strategic management of sustainability in corporations and their supply chains.
- The Institute for Business Ethics under the leadership of Prof. Raatzsch, Prof. Urchs und Dr. Marcus Kreikebaum fosters and promotes responsible behaviour, trust and partnership within companies and among EBS students towards society in general.
- The Institute for Transformation in Business and Society (INIT), under the direction of Professor Dr. Peter Russo, deals with the question, how organizations and entrepreneurs can use social and technological innovations to change business and society for the better. Additionally, the investigation of how organizations and entrepreneurs can best react to the transformation in business and society is the focus of INIT’s research and teaching.
The Department is directed by Professor Ansgar Richter, PhD. Academic Manager for the Department - and primary contact for department-related issues - is Bärbel Spors.